SP5 High IWC Test capability Enhancement – Final progress is available!
During the last 18 months of the project the following SP5 research activities were performed:
- Calibration of the facilities is achieved.
- Test specimens for SP6 validation tests on 2D and 3D articles have been performed.
- Test specimens for SP1 instrumentation intercomparison tests have been carried out.
Despite some difficulties and delays, the majority of the SP5 objectives set for the fourth year of the project have been achieved.
In what follows the significant results of each WP of SP5 are presented.
The main challenge was to coordinate calibration and tests activities in all the facilities.
Calibration of all facilities has been achieved. TRL5 assessment is going on and the reviews held have been assessed conclusive.
- Assessment tests on detectors for SP4 have been achieved by the end of 2015.
- 3D tests on pitot probe for SP6 code validation have performed in June 2016.
- SP1 intercomparison tests with robust probe at DGA have been done in July.
- 2D tests with NACA0012 for SP6 and SP1 intercomparison tests at TUBS have been achevied by november 2016.