SP6 High IWC Tools and Simulation Development – Final progress is available!
The majority of the SP6 objectives set for the last 18 months of the project have been achieved.
In what follows the significant results of each WP of SP6 are presented.
- TRL4 gate reviews assessed conclusive
- 8 published Journal papers and 3 are currently in preparation
- Implementation of an IC icing capability in European icing simulation tools
- Integration of these tools in industrial environment and preliminary applications to representative industrial configurations (engine, probe, aircraft nose)
WP62 activities were finalized during the second year of the project.
- All the objectives related to WP63 have been achieved
- A common paper between AGI and ONERA published in “Journal of Thermophysics and Heat Transfer 30(4), 2016
- Good progress on UTWENTE Eulerian trajectory solver. Comparisons with ONERA Lagrangian solver have been successfully performed.
- Achievement of TC5 computations and cross-comparisons between ONERA (Lagrangian) and UTWENTE (Eulerian) solvers.
- Additional results for TC4 (from UTWENTE, CIRA and ONERA) have become available.
- TRL4 benchmark (TC6, TC7, TC8 & TC9) has been achieved. Computations have been performed (for a selection of test cases) by TUDA, TAI, INTA, INCAS, CIRA and ONERA.
- Improvement and finer calibration of HAIC ice crystal accretion / erosion models.
- TAI has integrated HAIC models in their industrial tools.
- Delivery of ONERA 2D & 3D tools to AI-F, SAF and DASSAV.
- Validation tests performed in 2D by AI, SAF and DASSAV, in 3D by SAF.
- HAIC models implementation in TAI’s tool.
- 3D simulations of real engine test cases by SAF (ALF502 engine).
- 2D and 3D simulations of probe test cases (probe installation factor based on A340 flight tests, THALES probe icing test cases)